Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Providing the Context






These are my favorite additions to Embellish Your Story--my licensed line of hand painted magnets. These are what I call Contexts. They are printed canvases with a magnetic back--allowing you to create the perfect memo board. At our studio in Grand Rapids, we painted the original canvases--covering them in words and patterns that are precious to me. The square memo boards have the words of the hymn "All Things Bright and Beautiful" and the long phrase boards have the words of my favorite psalm, Psalm 139.

I call them "Contexts" because, for me, the words of this song and this psalm are the context of my life and the context I pray for. As I put my family photos on these canvases or hang my long list of "to do's" I am reminded of my context, the context of my family, and the context of all that we do.

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all."

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139: 9-10

I hope you see your context in these words as well.

Blessings,

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I live in Perry, NY and discovered you in Pennsylvania while visiting family. I immediately fell in love with your art and purchased the Faith Hope Love plaque and embellished it with the bumble bees!! It's been a long winter here in WNY so the bumblebees are a ray of sunshine:)

    Our downtown here in Perry, NY is undergoing a revitalization and I think a store featuring your product would be a great success! My husband is the Pastor of the Baptist Church in town (19 years) and I love your testimony of faith that comes through in your art.

    I don't know what the first step would be into bringing you to Perry, but would love to investigate the possibilities!!

    Believing with you that God's hand will guide no matter where we find ourselves:)

    Blessings, Phyllis Nelson

    ReplyDelete